Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Mechanical Professional Engineer (CHARLESTON, SC)
Cullum Constructors, Inc. (Cullum) is seeking a qualified, motivated, and dependable mechanical professional engineer to join our Charleston team. Mechanical contracting experience required. The primary function of this role is to provide mechanical engineering services for design-build construction projects selected for bid by the company.
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. and serves the entire state of South Carolina. Cullum has been in business since 1972. Cullum is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform HVAC load analysis and mechanical design for building HVAC systems.
- Perform plumbing design for building water, drain, waste, and vent systems.
- Perform process piping design for industrial process systems.
- Perform cost estimates and prepare design-build proposals.
- Solicit design-build opportunities from general contractors, building managers and developers, and industrial plant managers.
- Oversee design-build projects to completion at a profit, as directed by the corporate management team.
- Coordinate drafting effort in preparing plans and specifications for design-build projects.
- Assist project managers with engineering needs on current jobs in progress
- Educational and experience requirements include an engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Possess a professional engineer’s license from the State of South Carolina
- Advanced knowledge of commercial and industrial mechanical and plumbing design processes, applications, standards, and codes.
- Proficiency with computers (including the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and engineering/CAD/Revit software needed.
- Must possess thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, codes, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential.
- Significant business skills are required, including negotiating and delegation skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Clean driving record.
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org