Website Cullum Constructors, Inc.
SHEET METAL INSTALLER (CHARLESTON, SC)
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is seeking a qualified, motivated, and dependable sheet metal installer to join our Charleston team. Welding experience is required. The desired candidate will fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment such as duct work, grills, diffusers, fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution.
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. and serves the entire state of South Carolina through offices in Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. Cullum Constructors, Inc. has been in business since 1972. Cullum Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter. Applicants may be asked to perform as weld test.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to product being fabricated and knowledge of metal
- Locates and marks dimension and reference lines on metal sheet
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal
- Shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms, using hammer
- Sets up and operates soldering and welding equipment to join together sheet metal parts
- Seal and/or smooth seams, joints, or burred surfaces, using files and portable grinder or buffer
- Installs assemblies in plant or worksite according to blueprint specifications using hand tools and portable power tools
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, scales, and micrometer
- May be required to work with a Sheet Metal Helper or Apprentice to provide instruction as to proper methods of tool handling and work product specification;
- Must complete spec work for fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution
- Educational and experience requirements include an engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Possess a professional engineer’s license from the State of South Carolina
- Advanced knowledge of commercial and industrial mechanical and plumbing design processes, applications, standards, and codes.
- Proficiency with computers (including the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and engineering/CAD/Revit software needed.
- Must possess thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, codes, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential.
- Significant business skills are required, including negotiating and delegation skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Clean driving record.
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org