Website Cullum Services, Inc.
REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN (CHARLESTON, SC)
Cullum Services, Inc. is seeking a qualified, motivated, and experienced Refrigeration Technician to join our Charleston team. A minimum of 5 years experience in the HVAC -R industry is required.
The candidate must have a full understanding of the refrigeration system and refrigeration equipment, system operation, and energy efficiency and be proficient at understanding the client’s needs and determining/communicating a viable solution. This position is responsible for timely and efficiently troubleshooting refrigeration equipment and provide solutions for repair or service. Installation of repair parts and components along with programming and start up and necessary.
Cullum Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. and serves the entire state of South Carolina through offices in Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. Cullum Services, Inc. has been in business since 1972. Cullum Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain assigned stock of inventory, equipment and documents related to work activity
- Dismantle, test/trouble shoot components, appliances and refrigeration equipment
- Make adjustments, service or repair recommendations
- Replace defective equipment components and wiring
- Identify equipment to order for installation, and assists in determining schedule of need
- Charge refrigerant to R717, R22 and R23 refer units when applicable
- Charge refrigerant oil to all refer units when required
- Use a variety of hand tools to perform essential functions
- Read and understand installation and operation manuals for equipment
- Document work completed using app-based software and submit paperwork in a timely manner
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, subcontractors, and field support staff
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching fellow apprentices
- EPA universal certification required
- Minimum 5 years Commercial/Industrial refrigeration.
- Definitive ability to diagnose, repair, and install coolers, walk-in’s, refrigeration, ice machines, make-up air, exhaust systems, and more.
- Understand electrical wiring schematics
- Knowledge of ammonia-based refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge and experience working on grocery store refrigeration units
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to follow direction
- Excellent communication skills a must
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- The want to learn and grow
- Clean driving record
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds
- Stand for long periods of time
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Treat company provided tools and assets with care
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com