Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Project Manager(Charleston, SC)
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is seeking a qualified, motivated, and dependable project manager to join our Charleston team. Mechanical contracting experience required. The desired candidate will possess a willingness to work as a team and use diverse skillsets for completion of work.
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. Cullum has been in business since 1972 and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain communication with clients to facilitate construction activities.
- Oversight and control construction through administrative direction of onsite superintendent and subcontractors to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Represent company in project meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income, expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Negotiate, review, purchase materials and equipment, and administer subcontracts for projects.
- Ensure that billings are prepared and payment timely collected for projects assigned to him.
- Make jobsite visits to ensure project performance, quality, safety, profit goals, and client satisfaction are being met.
- Provide project scheduling (material and labor), document project, negotiate and secure change orders as determined by project development.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed
- Educational and experience requirements include 4 years of technical training or related experience, plus extensive (10 or more years) experience and knowledge of construction, marketing, design, finance, and management required.
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial mechanical and plumbing design processes, applications, standards, and codes.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Must possess thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, codes, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential.
- Significant business skills are required, including negotiating and delegation skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Clean driving record.
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com