Website Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Pipefitter/Welder Journeyman | Cullum Constructors, Inc. | Charleston, SC
The Pipefitter/Welder Journeyman will be responsible for the lay out, assembly, and installation of HVAC pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydronic HVAC Systems including, but not limited to, chilled water, heating hot water, steam, condenser water, lubricating, compressed gases and industrial production/processing systems. They will apply their knowledge of system operations and follow blueprints. Candidates should provide a current list of welding licenses or certificates currently held.
An ideal candidate would have extensive knowledge and installation experience in the below:
- Follow detailed work and plans of installation per project under a supervisor and per contract
- Lay out, fit-up, and install by cutting, grinding, and welding for various previously mentioned piping systems while avoiding interference to other workers and trades through coordination.
- Cut pipe using various standard trade methods using saws, angle grinders, pipe cutters, cutting torches, and band saw cutting machines.
- Roll groove/thread pipe utilizing a threading machine/hand dyes as well as pipe grooving machine.
- Bend pipe using hand pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Assemble, connect and install a variety of metal and non-metal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including carbon and stainless steel, copper, HDPE, and PVC. using threaded, grooved, soldered, brazed, fused, and arc and solvent welding methods.
- Secure pipes to structure with brackets, anchors, pipe stands, clamps, and hangers.
- Installs HVAC components and equipment including, but not limited to: Chillers, Cooling Towers, Heat Exchangers, Boilers, Pumps, Air
- Handlers, Fan Coils, VAV’s using hand tools.
- Inspect work for quality control through a correct installation and following best practices per specifications.
- Able to assist in testing of pipe system and observe connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks. Repair leaks and/or voids as required by specifications and/or Company.
SMAW (stick), GTAW (tig), FCAW (flux core) and GMAW (mig), Braze, Soft Solder, solvent weld, thermal fusion, on pipes from Schedule 10 to Schedule 120
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of Mechanical Piping experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as: supports, hangers, valves, and piping specialties according to specifications.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Positive and Team attitude.
- Must pass 6G Position Weld test
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation.
- Must be able to hear, and speak clearly with professional standard grammar.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., must have dexterity of fingers (or mechanical substitutions).
To apply for this job email your details to ArnoldM@culluminc.com