Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Mechanical Drafter Apprenticeship
During an Apprenticeship, you receive work experience and job-related education in all phases of the occupation necessary to develop the skill and proficiency of a skilled professional. We rotate you throughout the various work processes to ensure you are a well-rounded professional upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
All apprenticeships include three main parts; job-related-education, on-the-job training, and a scalable wage progression.
The Apprenticeship requires you to complete 6,000 hours of on-the-job training. A year consists of 2,000 hours, so you will complete the required hours at the conclusion of the three-year program. During the term of your Apprenticeship, you are required to complete the Applied Science Mechanical Drafting certificate program at a local technical school. The apprenticeship wage starts at $12 per hour and includes a progress review every 6 months. Upon successful completion of the program you should be earning at least $21.60 per hour, you will receive a credential from the United States Department of Labor, and a certificate of completion from the local technical college.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings with project management team and provide input on project design, coordination, and detailing.
- Set up drafting project files following company templates.
- Set up project Revit model to include company title blocks, templates, and standard material families.
- Import and file initial models from the Architect, Engineer and other subcontractors.
- Create and maintain a central model for each project requiring coordination or prefabrication.
- Receive and maintain model updates from the A/E/Subs and update central model.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow BIM Execution Plans provided by A/E/C or generated in-house.
- Ability to read and understand all project submittal documentation for equipment and materials.
- Ability to source, assemble, read, and understand equipment installation and operation data to verify physical dimensions and clearances of equipment and materials to be designed, detailed, or coordinated.
- Draw rough sketches and detailed scale plans for piping, duct, and equipment based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Ability to model mechanical duct, mechanical piping, plumbing piping, and mechanical equipment utilizing Revit and following current codes, standards, and generally accepted construction practices.
- Perform routine design calculations required to size pipe and duct in accordance with current standards and codes.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize Revit and Navisworks to coordinate the mechanical systems to avoid conflicts with other components of the mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize Revit and Navisworks to coordinate the mechanical systems with other trades and within the architectural and structural components of the project.
- Participate in team coordination meetings to resolve any conflicts between systems and structures.
- Demonstrate the ability to submit requests for information that effectively documents the issue at hand.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce detailed scale coordination plans from the coordinated model.
- Demonstrate the ability to product accurate detail and dimension drawings from the model for shop prefabrication.
- Perform quantity takeoffs and organize cost data for prefabrication orders and cost estimating purposes.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare technically accurate drawings/sketches using manual techniques with conventional drafting station/tools.
- Provide meaningful and innovative assistance to the construction management team by developing layout design solutions to construction issues/challenges, recommending alternate material substitutions or methods of installation, and applying reference resources to collect, organize and analyze required research data.
- Prepare technical reports and contribute to the development of fabrication specifications and other written documents.
- Assist in the planning or coordinating of shop prefabrication activities.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for coordination and fabrication tasks that fits within the overall general construction project schedule.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com