Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Mechanical BIM Designer
Charleston area mechanical contractor is seeking a Mechanical BIM designer with relevant experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and Navisworks. To be successful, the candidate must have proven experience in the mechanical construction industry with an extensive knowledge of HVAC duct, HVAC piping, and Plumbing systems.
- Meet with internal project staff to discuss scheduling and scope of BIM/CAD documents. Participate in follow up meetings to provide progress updates.
- Perform a thorough review of contract drawings and specifications.
- Create initial project model and coordination documents. Models may be new, in-house designs or import of completed contract designs.
- Attend and participate in on-site and on-line meetings with other trade contractors to facilitate the coordination process.
- Identify and eliminate clashes between mechanical systems and building components.
- Create fabrication spool drawings, penetration drawings, and hanger layout drawings from the coordination drawings.
- Perform site layout of sleeves, hangers, piping, and other mechanical systems utilizing Trimble Robotic Station and GNSS equipment.
- Clear written and oral communication skills are imperative for an effective coordination process.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience of mechanical systems.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience utilizing Revit MEP or a Degree in engineering graphics technology, mechanical engineering technology, or an equivalent drafting/design degree.
- The ability to learn Trimble Robotic Station/GNSS layout.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Health Insurance Coverage
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory drug test results.
To apply for this job email your details to ArnoldM@culluminc.com