Website Cullum Services, Inc.
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN (CHARLESTON, SC)
Cullum Services, Inc. is seeking a qualified, motivated, and experienced HVAC Service Technician to join our Charleston team. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the HVAC industry is required.
The candidate must have a full understanding of HVAC systems, building operation, and energy efficiency and be proficient at understanding the client’s needs and determining/communicating a viable solution. This position is responsible for the timely and efficiently troubleshooting HVACR equipment and provide solutions for repair or service. Installation of repair parts and components along with programming and start up and necessary.
Cullum Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. and serves the entire state of South Carolina through offices in Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. Cullum Services, Inc. has been in business since 1972. Cullum Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain assigned stock of inventory, equipment and documents related to work activity
- Trouble shooting HVACR equipment
- Make service or repair recommendations
- Replace defective equipment components and wiring
- Install, program and start-up HVAC equipment, thermostats, VFD’s, etc.
- Use a variety of hand tools to perform essential functions
- Read and understand installation and operation manuals of field devices and equipment
- Document work completing using app-based software and submit paperwork in a timely manner
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, subcontractors, and field support staff
- Identifies equipment to order for installation, and assists in determining schedule of need
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching fellow HVAC apprentices
- EPA universal certification required
- Minimum 5 years Commercial/Industrial HVAC service.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to follow direction
- Excellent communication skills a must
- Knowledge of commercial air conditioning is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- The want to learn and grow
- Clean driving record
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds
- Stand for long periods of time
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Treat company provided tools and assets with care
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org