Cullum Constructors, Inc.
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is seeking a qualified, motivated, and reliable commercial plumber to join our Charleston team. Previous commercial or industrial plumbing experience is required
The desired candidate will possess a willingness to work as a team.
The ideal candidate will assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, and fixtures according to specifications and plumbing codes. Install water distribution and waste removal systems in commercial buildings and connect plumbing and piping for heating and cooling systems.
Cullum Constructors, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cullum Mechanical Construction, Inc. and serves the entire state of South Carolina though offices in Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. Cullum Constructors, Inc. has been in business since 1972. Cullum Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and cover letter.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe
- Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools
- Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and nonmetals, such as plastic, using hand tools and power tools
- Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and calks joints
- Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, lavatories, water closets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, and water softeners
- May weld to steel structural members.
- Use hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices to perform essential job functions
- Maintain and repair septic and commercial sewer systems
- Prepare written work cost estimates for clients
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Performs job duties as assigned by supervisor
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- A strong knowledge of water distribution properties
- Previous experience in plumbing
- Med Gas certification is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Braze and soldering experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills a must
- The want to learn and grow
- Ability to safely lift up to100 lbs
- Have good eyesight (either naturally or with correction)
- Climb and maintain balance on high ladders and scaffolds
- Stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- High school diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation
- Proven ability to grow professionally
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com